Group Health and Safety Policy Statement
MJ Gleeson operates in the related sectors of new build housing and strategic land trading. Our Leadership Team is committed to planning, controlling, and reviewing the Group's activities in line with our number one health and safety belief – HomeSafe everyone, every day.
Our belief is that everyone who is involved in or affected by our works has the right to remain free from harm and return home safe every day.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Our employees
- Our supply chain
- Our visitors and suppliers
- The local communities in which we work
- The Leadership Team will ensure adequate resources are provided in terms of finance, time, and people to meet the Group’s health and safety and operational needs
- Avoidance of occupational injury and ill-health will be given priority in methods of work and selection of contractors and will not be compromised
- There will be full compliance with legal safety requirements
- Work will only be undertaken, managed, and supervised by those who are competent; training will be available to all employees concerned
- All accidents, incidents and near-misses will be recorded; significant events reported, investigated, and the findings shared; to continually improve the health and safety performance of the Group
- There will be a regular review and audit of Group Health and Safety Management Systems
- All employees and contractors are required to co-operate with Group policies and with each other as a vital part of our health and safety culture
- Both employees and contractors are encouraged to contribute to the safest methods of working through the consultation and representative schemes, workplace inductions, task briefings and toolbox talks etc
- Up to date safety information, in the form of procedures, manuals, task-specific risk assessments, method statements etc, will always be accessible
- Good practice will be shared through regular meetings, the intranet and health and safety updates, while expert advice will be available from in-house, qualified and experienced health and safety professionals
- Breach of safety rules will be corrected, investigated and appropriate disciplinary action taken against those who create or condone unnecessary risk
The Leadership Team recognise and value the importance of the Group’s health and safety culture and ask everyone to play an enthusiastic part in maintaining and improving on it. We must all be vigilant; quickly reporting dangerous acts or situations and striving to make our workplaces safer and better places to work.